gaming online
You are either not logged in or need to register please register now if you haven't
gaming online
You are either not logged in or need to register please register now if you haven't
gaming online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gaming online

A forum for hints,cheats and discussion for all consoles.....finally!!!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
IF YOU DO NOT PUT I ACCEPT UNDER THE RULES SECTION I WILL BAN YOU

Internet Slang Guide Bannerfans_2295117Internet Slang Guide Bannerfans_2295117
We are sorry for the inconvienence of our site being unavailable welcome back!!

Top posters
godfather
Internet Slang Guide I_vote_lcapInternet Slang Guide I_voting_barInternet Slang Guide I_vote_rcap 
AspenKitsune
Internet Slang Guide I_vote_lcapInternet Slang Guide I_voting_barInternet Slang Guide I_vote_rcap 
darkendsky
luke224855
troy morris
supreme dictator
Lt. Yosef S.
zach
xxsniperxx
Latest topics
» we are moving!!
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:53 pm by godfather

» Complete Staff List
Internet Slang Guide EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:13 am by godfather

» inactivity
Internet Slang Guide EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:10 am by godfather

» PSP Worst Games
Internet Slang Guide EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm by godfather

» Gutiar Hero 3 Cheats/Unlocks
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm by AspenKitsune

» Big Reminder-FAQ
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm by AspenKitsune

» Internet Slang Guide
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm by AspenKitsune

» area 51: easter egg
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm by AspenKitsune

» Playstation 2 Favorites
Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:05 am by AspenKitsune

Link to other site

Control Panel
Internet Slang Guide Configure Your profile InformationPreferenceSignatureAvatar
Internet Slang Guide Kwalletmanager SocialFriends and foesMember list Groups
Internet Slang Guide Newmsg Private messagesInboxPm sent
Internet Slang Guide KthememgrTopic is being watched

Internet Slang Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AspenKitsune
admin
AspenKitsune

Internet Slang Guide Empty
PostSubject: Internet Slang Guide   Internet Slang Guide EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Do you have problems understanding the bloggers and youtube comments?

'lol i was rofl.' Is an example. Internet slang is a sub-language, if you will. But it can be mastered very easily, and can come in handy for those hurried text messages. However, it can be frowned upon for being various reasons, one being an account of laziness. But you can't go through the Internet without finding several examples of IS. Not only will we go over the basics of Internet slang, but we will go over various popular phrases that you could find on the Internet.

Let's go over what Internet slang means.
Like a Star @ heaven Abbreviated phrases or acronyms
Like a Star @ heaven Made up words that gained in popularity and are now being found in respectable dictionaries.

For example. People may say 'talk to you later' a lot. But if you'd noticed, you could lose the use of your fingers typing that all every single time. So, instead, people came up with the phrase ttyl, an acronym equal to
Talk
To
You
Later

Some act as a shortcut to get the message across without exhausting your thumbs, but some act as codes to use inappropiate or hurtful phrases. Another example of a sometimes frowned upon use of Internet slang is P.O.S or translated, Parents Over Shoulder. This signifies that what you are doing on the computer is something you don't want your parents to see, but you don't exactly want to say "Hey! My parents are behind me! Don't continue the conversation for just a second!"

Your parents could probably figure that out. But POS is short, sweet, and it won't get you in trouble.

Exclamation I advise you don't use this phrase however. If it's something you can't show your parents, then you really shouldn't be doing it. But it's YOUR decision.

Here is a funny one: pcrs. This one translates simply as
Parents Can Read Slang.
Tough luck for you!

You can create your own slang, but some phrases won't make sense. Only say things that would be common. Don't just randomly say you are going to eat alligator meat in a boat in slang.

If you are fluent in the Slang language, please add whatever you think would be nessacary to know in the harsh world of the Internet. And remember...

asarbambtaa - All submissions are reviewed by a moderator before they are added. Twisted Evil

Wink If you can't find what you need, I highly recommed this site. http://www.noslang.com/
Warning: This site contains words or phrases that may be inappropiate. Exclamation

Last edited by AspenKitsune on Mon May 11, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AspenKitsune
admin
AspenKitsune

Internet Slang Guide Empty
PostSubject: Sites this is useful for   Internet Slang Guide EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm

Knowing how to speak l33t and other Internet languages is super useful, especially in places like
Like a Star @ heaven Runescape
Like a Star @ heaven World of Warcraft which has it's very own dialect no?
Like a Star @ heaven Blogs
Like a Star @ heaven Youtube Comments
And much more!
Back to top Go down

Internet Slang Guide
Page 1 of 1