gaming online
You are either not logged in or need to register please register now if you haven't
gaming online
You are either not logged in or need to register please register now if you haven't
gaming online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gaming online

A forum for hints,cheats and discussion for all consoles.....finally!!!!!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
IF YOU DO NOT PUT I ACCEPT UNDER THE RULES SECTION I WILL BAN YOU

Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Bannerfans_2295117Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Bannerfans_2295117
We are sorry for the inconvienence of our site being unavailable welcome back!!

Top posters
godfather
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_vote_lcapWays to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_voting_barWays to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_vote_rcap 
AspenKitsune
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_vote_lcapWays to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_voting_barWays to become admin/mod: Web-cop I_vote_rcap 
darkendsky
luke224855
troy morris
supreme dictator
Lt. Yosef S.
zach
xxsniperxx
Latest topics
» we are moving!!
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 25, 2009 3:53 pm by godfather

» Complete Staff List
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:13 am by godfather

» inactivity
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:10 am by godfather

» PSP Worst Games
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyTue May 12, 2009 4:09 pm by godfather

» Gutiar Hero 3 Cheats/Unlocks
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:45 pm by AspenKitsune

» Big Reminder-FAQ
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 11, 2009 2:11 pm by AspenKitsune

» Internet Slang Guide
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:29 pm by AspenKitsune

» area 51: easter egg
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:26 pm by AspenKitsune

» Playstation 2 Favorites
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyMon May 11, 2009 6:05 am by AspenKitsune

Link to other site

Control Panel
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Configure Your profile InformationPreferenceSignatureAvatar
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Kwalletmanager SocialFriends and foesMember list Groups
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Newmsg Private messagesInboxPm sent
Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop KthememgrTopic is being watched

Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
AspenKitsune
admin
AspenKitsune

Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Empty
PostSubject: Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop   Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 4:47 pm

Web-cop, future-admin, whatever you want to call it, this is a 'guide' that will land you the job. Actually, not only is it going to score you karma-points, but it's also your duty as a member of the site to apprehend all...uh...bad things that happen on the site.

It's not a hard job, not at all. Here's what you do.

Catch a Rule-Breaker
Did THAT guy just say?:
Like a Star @ heaven A Bad Word? *Gasp*
Or did that guy just break a rule of the website!?
As you may notice, using explicit language anywhere on the site is prohibited. Sometimes there can be points in time where we admins and mods can't be here to help.
This is where YOU come in. Very Happy
Now, in catching the criminal, sometimes certain people on the site require different methods. So without further ado, let's begin on the first category!!

Member/Aqquaintance
This rule-breaker is not exactly a friend or an enemy of yours, and is a normal member of the site. This tends to be the easiest type of person to expel from the site.
Here's what you can do, should do, what Chuck Norris would do (scratch that. Chuck Norris would deliver a roundhouse kick to the offender's face. Don't try that at home kids!)
Like a Star @ heaven Print as much evidence ASAP.
Like a Star @ heaven Report the person to a moderator or an admin through PM or other methods that others cannot see. It's just like reporting to the teacher loudly that your partner broke a rule. You wouldn't do that would ya? You would go up to the teacher and quietly tell her right? It's like that. Except we don't get an apple on our desks.
Like a Star @ heaven Simply wait.

If the person is found to be guilty of the crime, he/she will be apprehended and given the proper punishment. Twisted Evil

Idea Tips Idea
Like a Star @ heaven Don't go overboard.
No one likes a tattletale. The admins and mods may not take your reports into consideration anymore. Be thoughtful in what is really worth reporting.
Like a Star @ heaven Reporting and tattletaling are very different.

Friend
This person is close to you, knows you well on the site and maybe at school/real life. You notice that they break a rule. This is not an uncommon situation, and it is a tricky one as well. Here's what you can do.
Like a Star @ heaven Point out to your friend *casually* that that is againist the rules.
Like a Star @ heaven If they do it again, remind them once more. If they continue, however, do not be hesistant to quietly tell the mods or the admins.
Like a Star @ heaven If they are involved in a breaking a serious rule, such as illegal activity, report immediatly.

Admin or Mod?!
These types should know the rules, heck, some of them MADE the rules. So what do you do when these guys break a rule?
Like a Star @ heaven Admins and Mods tend to have less restrictions. If they use a cuss word once, don't go berserk. However, when you see a mod or an admin totally abusing the rules, or if they break a major rule, this is when you take action.
Like a Star @ heaven Remember to collect proof and data of when they abused a rule.
Like a Star @ heaven Report their behavior QUIETLY to an administrator.
Idea Try to talk to an admin in person, instead of reportting on the computer.
Idea Have someone else back you up in your statement! The case becomes big. You desperately need a witness. Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters

Exclamation Know that turning in a report can be totally anomymous. Your name can be hidden at request.

Follow these rules-and you may find yourself an mod...and maybe after a time...an admin.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited by AspenKitsune on Sun May 03, 2009 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
godfather
admin
godfather

Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop   Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 am

very good guide Aspen
guys if you follow this i will more than likely promote you
remember im the only one who can promote
Back to top Go down
https://gamingonline.darkbb.com

Ways to become admin/mod: Web-cop
Page 1 of 1